Are you looking for Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada for International Students?
How to Get Scholarships in Canada
Students can have many difficulties when trying to get a scholarship. One of the challenges that students with limited financial means face is not being able to afford tuition for higher education. Luckily, there are scholarship opportunities available for international students to leverage and start their studies in Canada.
Canada, as it is the largest country in the world is mainly inhabited by English-speaking citizens with a high standard of living and education. Canada’s social benefits are unparalleled and these include tuition reimbursement, grants, student loans, bursaries, and scholarships.
Scholarships in Canada for International Students
There are many scholarship opportunities available for international students to leverage. Below are some of the top scholarships that students can apply for:
- York University International Student Scholarship Program: The York University International Students Scholarship Program is geared towards international students who are interested in studying at York University. This program aims to help students with the costs of tuition, supply fees, and living expenses. The value of the scholarship is $100,000 and it is provided only for undergraduate studies.
- University of Waterloo Scholarships: The University of Waterloo Scholarships provide full funding for undergraduate and graduate students who are accepted into the University. The university has scholarships for both Canadian and international students. The scholarship is worth $10,000 per year, and any student can apply.
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships: The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships are available to students who have a graduate or doctoral degree and are willing to pursue a career in research in Canada. The scholarship is worth $50,000 per year, which can be renewed for up to three years depending on an individual’s performance.
- University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship: This scholarship is offered by the University of Saskatchewan to masters and Ph.D. students. The scholarship covers tuition fees, books, and other costs. The scholarship is worth C$16,000 for masters to $20,000 for the PhD students, who can prove that they have passion for academic excellence
- Winnipeg President’s Scholarships for World Leaders: The Winnipeg President’s Scholarships for World Leaders are available for international students who have strong academic performance and leadership abilities. The scholarship is worth $5,000 to students who apply and commit to academic excellence all over the world.
- Université de Montréal Scholarships: The Université de Montréal is offering international students a full scholarship for undergraduate and graduate studies for $23,700 for a year. The scholarship covers tuition fees and books but does not include living expenses.
- Laurentian University International Scholarships: The Laurentian University offers one of the most generous scholarship programs in Canada and it comes in different categories. International students with high academic performance can get between $40,000 – $60,000 cumulative worth of scholarships to cater for their tuition and other expenses. These scholarship awards are also renewable depending on academic performance.
There are several scholarship opportunities in Canada for international students. All you need to do is thorough research to identify the opportunities that suit your needs.
Canada Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
There are a number of qualifications that an applicant must possess in order to be eligible for any scholarship. These include:
– Applicants must have a good academic performance and maintain it as they go through their studies. They are also required to meet the minimum grade requirements as set by the university and the country or organization offering the scholarship. Students who have low grades may be required to take some courses before they can apply for the scholarship.
– Applicants must have a good GPA as they apply for scholarships. The minimum GPA required varies from country to country. Plans should be laid out to maintain the academic grade throughout the duration of studies in Canada.
– Applicants must have a good score on the TOEFL or the IELTS test. These will be used for international students who do not have clear English language skills, especially ones from specific language backgrounds.
– Applicants must have a good Grade Point Average (GPA) as they apply for scholarships. The minimum GPA required varies from country to country. Plans should be laid out to maintain the academic grade throughout the duration of studies in Canada.
– Applicants must show proof that they are financially stable and can pay for their studies in Canada.
– Applicants must have a good essay on why they want to undertake their education in Canada, what was their previous education, how well does he/she perform under different situations, and so on. This will be important when we look at the different requirements of the scholarship program.
– Applicants must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills that are necessary as they pursue their studies in Canada.
.- Applicants must be willing to accept attendance to the orientation program held by the university. This is usually done after students get accepted into a university in Canada.
– Applicants must get a visa for studies in Canada. This is important before you begin your program of study.
Tips for Scholarships in Canada
To apply for a scholarship, you must find and identify the opportunities available in Canada. Visit the official website of the specific scholarship program – in our case, scholarships above. After this, follow their instructions and qualifications to apply.
The next thing to do is to make an application for the scholarship by submitting your application form along with your essays and other required documents. The scholarship application is usually a requirement that is needed to be fulfilled before one can be considered for the scholarship. Some of the top scholarships in Canada require applicants to write an essay, provide a resume and provide proof of academic ability.
Most scholarships are merit-based and this means that there are high chances for one to be granted a scholarship based on academic ability, leadership skills, and other extracurricular activities. Therefore, the application process usually demands details about your academic achievements in high school and previous colleges you’ve attended.
The most important thing to remember is that you have to be unique when you apply for a scholarship. You need to classify yourself from other applicants and give reasons why your application is different from others.