Scholarships in UK for International Students 2023
Scholarships in the UK are financial aid given to students by institutions like the government, universities, and private organizations to finance their studies. In order to get a UK Scholarship for International Students, you need to meet certain criteria and submit an application form.
If your application is approved and you’re awarded the grant, it usually covers tuition fees only (not living expenses). You will also have to make sure that you comply with all of the rules set out by your school or university as well as any other organization offering grants and scholarships, as you may be asked to report back on your studies to the scholarship committee.
Top Scholarships in the UK for International Students:
- The Chevening Scholarship Programme is a UK Government-funded programme that is open to citizens from partner countries who wish to study, research, or work in the United Kingdom. The programme aims to provide worldwide opportunities for leaders of character to study, research or work in the UK and contribute to British society.
The Chevening Scholarships are awarded at two levels, the Chevening Awards, and the Chevening Fellowships. The one-year awards are available for study and research in any field of study and typically include a fee award as well as a stipend for living expenses.
- Commonwealth Master Degree Scholarships are awarded to students from developing countries who wish to pursue a master’s degree. It includes a full tuition fee waiver as well as a maintenance stipend. The scholarships provide funding and support at a UK university of your choice to study for a postgraduate qualification.
A number of different awards are available, each with its own study subject areas, eligibility criteria, and amounts. Selection for these awards is based on academic merit and improvement in grades over time.
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships are offered to top scholars from developing countries who want to pursue a master’s degree at the University of Cambridge. The award includes full tuition fees for the chosen subject area and a stipend for living expenses.
One of the most prestigious scholarships in the UK for International Students, with over thousands of applicants every year. The program was established two decades ago with the donation of over $210 million from Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Clarendon Scholarships are intended to attract outstanding international students who wish to study at the University of Oxford for a full degree of undergraduate. The scholarship covers full tuition fees and other costs associated with studying at the University of Oxford.
The Clarendon Scholarships are awarded to exceptional 140 students annually for MBA, Masters, and DPhil study programs with no specified preference for course or program.
- The Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships are awarded to outstanding international students who wish to undertake a PhD study at Edinburgh University. The scholarships provide funding and support at the University in any preferred program to the successful completion of your study.
The scholarship program covers 30 students annually who initially applied for a full time PhD program. The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and potential to excel in their chosen field of study.
- University of Sussex Chancellor’s International Scholarships
The International Chancellor’s Scholarships at the University of Sussex are offered to outstanding international students seeking to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate study at the University of Sussex. The scholarships consist of a full tuition fee waiver and a maintenance stipend.
To be eligible for a University of Sussex Chancellor’s Scholarship, applicants must have a minimum of three A grades at A Level or equivalent. Alternatively, they may be expected to have achieved a very high international equivalent score in their final examinations and/or other qualifications.
- Warwick Chancellor’s International Scholarships
The Warwick Chancellor’s International Scholarships are awarded annually to outstanding PhD applicants from overseas. These prestigious scholarships cover the full cost of the Ph.D. study at Warwick, including a stipend for living expenses.
The scholarship is usually awarded to 42 EU or International students on the basis of academic merit and potential to excel in their chosen field of study.
- University of West England Chancellor’s Scholarships
The University of West England Chancellor’s Scholarships is awarded to outstanding international students who wish to pursue a postgraduate program at the University of West England. The scholarships consist of a full tuition fee waiver and a maintenance stipend for qualified applicants and they will also be required to work as interns at the International Development Office.
The scholarship covers the student’s one-year tuition fee and costs associated with living in England such as accommodation, food, and travel.
- Bristol University Think Big Scholarships
The Bristol University Think Big Scholarships aim to play a central role in developing the talent and skills of students from countries around the world. They are awarded to outstanding applicants who wish to pursue a full degree at the University of Bristol.
The scholarship program covers tuition fees and a maintenance stipend for qualified applicants.
- Sheffield Hallam University Transform Together Scholarships
The Transform Together scholarships are awarded to outstanding international students who wish to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate program at the university on a full-time basis. The qualified students will get a 50 percent tuition waiver for the first academic year without a maintenance stipend for living expenses.
As you can see in our list, there are many different scholarship opportunities that are available to international students. To increase the chance of getting one of these scholarships, you should check out what each offers and how you can match their criteria with your personal background, academic achievements, and career goals.