Cowbellpedia Mathematics Scholarship
The Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition is open to students from 10 – 18 years of age who attend full-time Secondary Education in both Public and Private Schools in Nigeria.
Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition Invitation: CowBell is currently accepting applications from students attending regular Secondary Education in Public and Private Schools in Nigeria for its 2020 National Secondary Schools Mathematics Competition.
How would you feel if you were given a scholarship worth of #2m? Excited, right?
We are definitely sure it’s a yes, this is why we’ve brought this scholarship opportunity to your doorstep.
In this article, we will put you through, how you can apply and register for this scholarship opportunity.
Furthermore, the first thing you should first acknowledge about this scholarship opportunity is that the scholarship is meant for secondary school students only. This means, undergraduate and Postgraduate students are exempted from this scholarship opportunity.
In addition, the scholarship program has different stages, and there are price rewards attached to each stage.
Stage 1: Qualifying Written Examination
At the end of the written National Qualifying examination, high-performing students and teachers from each nation are rewarded for excellent performance as listed below:
- First position in each State (Junior & Senior): ₦30,000 each
- Second position in each State (Junior & Senior): ₦25,000 each
- The third position in each State (Junior & Senior): ₦20,000 each
- Teacher of the First position in each State (Junior & Senior): ₦30,000 each
Stage 2: TV Quiz Show
These are the benefits offered to each of the best students and also their Mathematics Teachers at the conclusion of the second stage of the Cowbellpedia Competition:
- First Position in each Category (Junior/Senior): ₦2,000,000
- Second Position in each Category (Junior/Senior): ₦1,500,000
- Three Position in each Category (Junior/Senior): ₦1,000,000
- Fourth-sixth Position in each Category (Junior/Senior): ₦150,000
- Teachers of the First Position winners in each Category (Junior/Senior): ₦500,000
- Teachers of the Second Position winners in each Category (Junior/Senior): ₦400,000
- Teachers of the Third Position winners in each Category (Junior/Senior): ₦300,000
- Teachers of the Fourth-Sixth Position winners in each Category (Junior/Senior): ₦75,000
- All eliminated Semifinalists (12 per Category) Students (Junior/Senior): ₦75,000
- Teachers of all eliminated Semifinalists (Junior/Senior): ₦50,000
- All Students Eliminated in Prelim, 36 per Category (Junior/Senior): ₦50,000
- Teachers of all Students eliminated in prelim (Junior/Senior): ₦30,000
Besides the cash prizes, each of the contestants is given additional gift items as listed below:
- First and Second position students along with their Teachers have a Laptop each.
- Trophies and medals for 1st -3rd Positions.
- Every other student receives a Tablet each.
- Textbooks and Pcs are given to the winners’ schools.
Also, some special recognitions are awarded the following:
- Best students in the Cowbellpedia 60 seconds of Fame (Student who answered the highest number of questions in 60 seconds).
- Benson Oweka Prize: usually awarded to the most consistent School in the last three years of the competition.
- Best Teacher of this year.
NOTE: The application deadline is December 3rd, 2023.
Eligibility Criteria for the Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition
Before you will be qualified for this competition, you must be between the ages of 8-16. And you must be in your secondary school final year.
It’s noteworthy, that the registration fee for this competition is #0.
How to Apply for the Cowbellpedia Mathematics competition
Registration for the Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition is absolutely free. However, all registrations are done on the official website of COWBELL following the these steps:
- Visit http://www.cowbellpedia.ng/#/home to register your school.
- Fill out the form and then submit it. Be sure to fill all of the necessary fields
- An email will be sent to the school and Main contact email addresses provided when filling the form.
- Use the link in the email received to verify the email addresses. The school email address has to be verified before you log in.
- After school email is verified, log in to the portal using the school password and email used to register.
- Once the login is successful, click on the ‘Add Candidates’ under Candidate Management.
- Fill in the candidate’s information on the form, upload the candidate’s picture and click the Save Draft button.
- You will need to save draft information for 5 candidates before you can submit their registration. If your school is a mixed one, at least 2 of those candidates have to be girls or you may not be able to complete the registration.
- After creating the draft registration for 5 candidates in a category (junior/senior), a button will be displayed on the page to” Register junior/senior candidates”. Click on the button to fill out the registration of candidates for that category.
- A confirmation slip will be generated for you to download and are also sent to the institution, candidate, and also parent/guardian’s current email address.
- Print this confirmation slip and have it stamped and signed with the school principal.
- The confirmation slip will be demanded to admit applicants to the exam venue.
All you need to know about this scholarship opportunity can be found on the application link.